Before The Flight
There are things you can do before you even arrive at the airport to help ensure your flight on Eastern Air Lines is an enjoyable experience from start to finish. Here are a few tips:
Your Ticket and ID
- Use our convenient online check-in and ticketing so that you can skip the ticketing counter when you get to the airport.
- Be sure to bring a photo ID with you to the airport—preferably a driver’s license or passport.
- When you pack, be sure you follow all TSA guidelines regarding what’s allowed and what’s not allowed.
- Don’t pack too heavily—particularly when it comes to carry-on baggage. Remember that you’ll be carrying that baggage through airport and also storing it on the plane. Heavy bags can make that a very uncomfortable undertaking.
Travel to the Airport
- Leave in plenty of time to get to the airport at least an hour before your flight. Things happen. Traffic delays. Difficulty finding parking at the airport. So don’t wait until the last minute to leave home.
Preparing for Expedited Security Screenings
- Wear shoes that are easy to get on and off. You’ll have to remove your shoes during the security screening. So consider wearing shoes you don’t have to tie or buckle.
- Limit the amount of jewelry your wear. You’ll have to remove it during the security screening.
- If you’re a frequent flyer, consider applying for TSA PreCheck to expedite your security screening.
We’ll take care of the flying. You take care of the surfing with our inflight intranet that provides high-speed internet connection for business travelers who need to keep working at 30,000 ft. and for leisure travelers who can’t relax unless they’re plugged in.